Sunday, December 28, 2008

No Power

I woke up this morning around 5am to the sound of a power transformer crackling. My alarm clock was dead and none of the lights would turn on. The battery backup for my computer was beeping as it normally does when the power drops, driving my puppy crazy. So April and I both woke up for a bit. At first I was afraid to let the dog out in the off chance there was a downed power line in the area. The wind was so strong that that very feasibly could have happened. At first I took her out on a leash, surveyed the area, and then let her run around on her own.

It was about 11am before the power came back on. If another hour had gone by I most likely would have gone to my mom's for the day. The house temperature had dropped to below 60. Winter is not a good time to lose power.

No comments:

Post a Comment