Thursday, January 17, 2008

Puppy at 14 Weeks

Lizzy is now 14 weeks old. This has been a very eventful week for her. On Monday she went to the vet for another round of shots. She pretty much has all the shots she needs now for another month. She’ll be getting her rabies shots and another around of parvo/distemper I believe. Also, on the same day she started her puppy classes. I really wish I would have remembered to take the camera to class, but it was a mad dash to get to the class on time. It is at 5:15 and I had a work meeting that ran over. I’ll make sure to get some shots next week.

She did very well at the puppy class though. She didn’t play too rough and responded very well to the few simple commands that we went over. She had already known them, but it was nice to see her respond in a very exciting environment. The instructor used her as an example a few times. I really view the class as more of a socialization place then a learning one. Though I have already picked up a few tips that I’ll be trying to use.

On Tuesday she had her first walk around the neighborhood. I was amazed at how well she did. I followed the walking instructions and kept a short, but loose leash on her and had no problems. Most of the time she walked right by my side and needed very few corrections. The following day we did a few more walks and she was a little more excited, I think it was because it was when the sun was out, but overall she still did very well.



No comments:

Post a Comment